Sacred Valley Tour Pisac Market & Ruins
PISAC with extensive important arquelogical site a top the mountain with strategic views along 3 valleys and traditional typical market below;
OLLANTAYTAMBO to see the famous Pacarictampu and Inca princess bath fountain.
CHINCHEROS with his San Pedro colonial Church and extense Inca sanctuary
This tour is a superb way to see the impressive Andes mountains rising up from the Sacred Valley which contains Inca temples, residences, altars, channels, carvings, tunnels/caves and the famous Intihuatana in towns such as Pisac,
Ollantaytambo and Chincheros.
For those who are not so interested in architecture the famous Pisac market is possible to brouse in for a couple of hours instead of visiting the ruins of Pisac, so you can emerse yourself in the culture and take a bit home with you in a delightful weaving, painting, carving or almost anything you can think of. Let the guide know that your preference is too stay in the market and they will organise a time and meeting place on their return to meet up with you before continuing on to Urubamba
For photographers, the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress, surrounded by the Sacred Mountains is a treasure to capture in stunning photos as they go about their daily colourful life .
Day 1: Cusco Sacred Valley Pisac Urubamba Ollantaytambo Cusco
At 8.00 am transfer from your hotel at earlier time if coordinated. In a tourist bus, we travel from Cusco past Saqsaywaman & Tambomachay, over the mountains toward the Sacred Valley. We descend 1500 feet to the valley floor of the sacred Urubamba river and the village of Pisac where we will visit a traditional market and you can buy some local souveniers. We then drive up to explore the extensive ruins of Pisac with stunning views over the valley. On the guided walk into the Citadel of Pisac you can observe temples, residences, altars, channels, carvings, tunnels/caves and the famous Intihuatana “The hitching post of the Sun",
For those who would prefer to spend more time in the market instead of visiting the ruins, advise your guide so he can organise a time and place to pick you up when returning through the market.
We continue on to Urubamba where we stop for you to buy lunch. A further 30 mins drive takes us to Ollantaytambo surrounded by the sacred mountains, where we will again discover the magnificence of the Incan constructions, the amazing temple of the Sun, enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, stone water fountains, stairs, terraces and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress, all surrounded by the sacred mountains and Valley of Patacancha and Willoq.
On our return, we quickly visit the famous church and archeological site in Chincheros, arriving to Cusco at about 6.30-7:00pm.
What is Included:
- Private bus
- English speaking tour guide
- Sites (approximate duration of visits)
- Pisac market approx 25 minutes
- Visit of Pisac ruins approx 90 minutes
- Urubamba for lunch approx 45mins (30-45 soles Buffet lunch not Included )
- Visit of Ollantaytambo approx 60mins
- Visit of Chincheros approx 30mins
What is not Included:
- Lunch in Urubamba Sacred Valley (30-45 soles)
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles approx US$45*) includes optional Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center. The same ticket can be used for City Tours. *Half price for students with ISIC card
- You can also purchase a partial ticket which allows a one day visit of just the 2 sites Pisac and Ollantaytambo if you are not planning to visit any of Cusco sites.
We recommend that you bring
- Water bottle, camera, suncream, hat
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Money for lunch and souveniers
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes or runners
- Cusco Tourist Ticket
- A warm clothes to return to Cusco